Passion is an integral part of the culture of a company which, in 2018, is celebrating its 165th anniversary. Motul began in the era of with the Industrial Revolution and, since that time, has never ceased to innovate in many sectors of industry. This history is dear to the brand and that is why Motul will once again be a partner in 2018 with the Retromobile Fair with the main objective of sharing a common passion for vintage cars.
Multiple breakthrough innovations in automotive lubrication
First multigrade lubricant in 1953, first semi-synthetic multigrade lubricant in 1966, the first 100% synthetic multigrade lubricant in 1971.
The peculiarities of older engines require suitable lubricants.
While the performance of modern lubricants has been considerably improved, their composition, and in particular the additives used in their formulation, are not suitable for some classic engines whose design (metallurgy, technology, choice of materials, particularly for the important function of oil seals...) and operating constraints are very different from modern engines.
The peculiarities of older engines therefore require suitable lubricants. The Motul range for historic vehicles has been designed with respect for original technology, using modern techniques where necessary that provide a real advantage (such as 20W50’s detergent for example). The Motul range provides maximum protection and offers solutions for all applications: from little-run cars which have long periods of immobilization to those used in competition and requiring full mechanical care.
Motul range for classic cars:
SAE 30 & SAE 50*
- Perfectly suited for engines and gearboxes built between 1900 and 1950 .
- Mineral lubricant monograde low detergent content for full compatibility with paper seals, felt and fabric.
- The low detergent content prevents delamination and soot deposits in the lubrication circuit .
- Usable as honing oil shortening oil change interval .
- Full compatibility with yellow metals , brass, bronze , copper.
- Enhanced grip for easier starting after long periods of immobilization.
- Designed for engines built between 1950 and 1970 .
- multigrade mineral lubricant medium grade detergent , compatible with elastomer seals .
- The 20W50 meets the standards of the time (API SF / CC) while benefiting from the advanced technology of Motul lubricants.
- Viscosity suitable for narrowed running clearances engines due to the significant progress of the times in metallurgy , casting and machining.
- Updated version of the 2100 1966.
- Developed for original engines , atmospheric or turbocharged , built after 1970 .
- semi synthetic lubricant formulated with modern technology detergent .
- 2100 15W50 meets the latest standards (API SH / CF) and offers improved cold viscosity in order to reduce wear at startup.
- Lubricant reinforced with a synthetic base ( oxidative stability ) for the retention of viscosity to a constant oil pressure.